Créditos del equipo de diseño y producción: Costanza Papalia Alec Morton
Plataforma y requerimientos técnicos: Smartphones, Tablets. IOS, Android
Interfaz física: Pantalla táctil, vibración y sonido
Temática educativa: educar niños a comer en una manera saludable (evitar fastfood y bombones)
Destinatarios-Edad: Niños entre 7 y 12 años
Entorno de uso: cualquier lugar
Géneros del videojuego: Platform game
Trama argumental: El personaje principal es un niño que tiene que pasar por distintos niveles evitando los obstáculos diversos. Dentro de los niveles el jugador tiene la oportunidad de obtener las bonificaciones que están representados por los diferentes alimentos. Al comer alimentos “saludables” el personaje va a adquirir habilidades (tales como la velocidad o fuerza), pero cuando se come “poco saludables” de alimentos que va a perder esas habilidades. Al final de cada nivel habrá una comida-villano que hay que luchar para pasar al siguiente nivel.
Reglas del juego: Al principio del juego el jugador tiene tres vidas (representado por el corazón). Cada vez que es golpeado por un obstáculo, pierde una vida y cada vez que llega al villano al final de cada nivel, recupera sus vidas.
Diferentes alimentos tienen diferentes efectos sobre el personaje:
Cheesburger lo retrasa
Plátano le da un escudo temporal
Barra de caramelo le hace perder la mitad de un corazón
Zanahoria le hace ganar la mitad de un corazón (en el caso que tiene menos que el número original de vidas)
Personajes principales: El niño. Los comida-villanos.
Escenarios: Cada nivel se encuentra en un fondo diferente.
Escuela, zona de juegos ecc.
Sistema de representación: grafica bidimensional, grafica vectorial, perspectiva lateral
Estilo gráfico: Dibujos simple y colorados
Comentarios: El juego ayudará los niños a crecer la conciencia de los beneficios de una alimentación saludable. Siendo un juego para niños esto se hará de una manera divertida y fácil. La idea es que los niños adquieren el concepto de alimentación saludable = ganar.
Referentes: SuperMario, Thief Lupin
Objectivos intermedios y finales: el objectivo final es lo de terminar todos los niveles, los objectivos intermedios son los montruos al final de cada grupo de niveles. Tambien una parte muy importante es el puntaje y la dificultad de mantener niveles de grasas/vitaminas/proteinas adecuatos entre todo el juego.
Dificultad equilibrada y personalizada: La dificultad cambia durante el juego de una manera muy fluida, de modo que el jugador puede llevar a cabo tareas difíciles sin darse cuenta.
Feedback: El feedback esta hecho por el nivel alcanzado más el resultado en puntaje.
Presencia de elementos que potencian la inmersiòn: Esto se logra a través de la posibilidad de personalizar el personaje principal y tambien por un estilo gráfico que sea atractivo para el target de usuarios(en este caso, el personaje se mueve a través de los niveles con movimientos de parkour, un deporte urbano muy popular)
Posibilitad de repetir algunas acciones y de volver a jugar varias veces: Siendo un platform-game hay una posibilidad ilimitada para repetir los distintos niveles, tratando de mejorar el puntaje.
Usabilidad: El juego es muy intuitivo y aunque sea posible acceder a un documento con la explicación de las normas, también es muy fácil aprender solamente a través del juego.
Facilidad de acceso y instalaciòn del programa: El juego es una aplicación que se descarga fácilmente en el AppleStore o en el Android Market y luego se instala automáticamente en el smartphone.
Design for all: No hay ninguna necesidad real de lectura ni de escuchar las instrucciones habladas. Los elementos del juego no se distinguen por colores, sino por su forma, facilitando el acceso al juego por las personas con daltonismo.
Author : Zuzana Hluchá
Title : One World
Platform : Arcade for Smartphone, 2D
Educational theme : At the beginning of the game, a player will choose a character he/she wants to play with. If the player clicks on a character, a panel with his attributes pops up and subsequently he will choose a continent on a blank map where he begins to play. As previously said, he will see a blank map so that he does not know at which country he appears. While playing the game, he will meet famous people from various countries. He will have to answer their questions, learn about typical buildings for those particular countries and also discover our history and the world. The goal of the game is to teach the player about countries, about famous people that lived in those countries and about important historical events that happened there. The character of the game gradually grows as he collects points expressed by experiences. At the end of the game, the character will be adult as he explored the whole world.
Pedagogical structure : It is easier for children to remember what they see then what they hear. When character proceeds to next levels and children start enjoying the game, he will experience important events in history of the world and also meet important people so that it will be easy to remember for children.
Conductual : Player can meet good and also bad people from history. He will have to decide what to do when that happens and according to those decisions, he will see consequences of his deeds as a witness.
Cognitivista : He will walk the Earth and explore lands and people that belonged or still belong to particular countries. Except geography he will also learn history by appearing in periods that somehow influenced each country. ( Italy-Rome and Caesar etc. )
Constructivista : Children experience history, get know important people and are witnesses of their deeds. They observe development of the world and learn what is good and bad, and that deeds always have consequences about which they have to be aware of.
CRITERIOS PEDAGÓGICOS EN EL DISEŇO DE JUEGOS EDUCATIVOS
ASPECTOS LÚDICO – EDUCATIVOS
- The goal of the game is to teach the player about countries, about famous people that lived in those countries and about important historical events that happened there. The character of the game gradually grows as he collects points expressed by experiences. At the end of the game, the character will be adult as he explored the whole world.
- At the beginning of the game, a player will choose a character he/she wants to play with. If the player clicks on a character, a panel with his attributes pops up and subsequently he will choose a continent on a blank map where he begins to play. But he won´t know where exactly is, because on the map won´t designatures. Player collect points when he correct answer on questions in every level. He have opportunity to hind, but he can use it only 10 times. If he wrong answer, he going back in the same level.
- The game is easy to play, suitable for kids till 16. Game have simple rules, you don´t need any special skills, just basic knowledge. It is for touchscreen, so you do everything with your hand.
- Kid learn about history, geography and people, it will be more easy to remember for children for future. He/she also see some situations (example: meet with Hitler ) in it can see what was bad and what was good.
- The point of game is growing up and explore whole world, it mean travelling. Every kid wants to be an adult and travelling is very famous for young poeple and kids. It is funny learning. Graphic is adapted for young children, i tis mix of photographs with illustrations. Game have high colours.
- Player can repeat level 5x, it mean each level = each country
ASPECTOS EDUCATIVOS – CURRICULARES
- The game learn children about history and geography, its better like at school, have a funny form of learning and for kids is easy to remember. Children also see some situations from history and can see what was bad or good. Player is forced to think about.
- 1.level is the easiest and gradually heavier. In game are only true stories and people.
- The game is suitable for all children, also for adults, they need to repeat their knowledge. But game is adapted for young poeple, i tis not hard to play it. If children haven´t any knowledges, they learn during the game, they are forced to looking for an informations. They don´t need to have any experiences with games from past.
- The game can be seen as preparation for school.
- In game : gain 100 experiences – points, time of pause – 2 minutes while player find right answer, on internet or ask somebody, player can use the options – digital enclyclopedia where will be right answers, but he can use it just 10 times. Out from game : player is adult, he growing up and fill all map of world. He have 100 experiences. Last level is summary some inportant situations, which he overcome before.
- Primary for smartphone, touchscreen, so player manage everything by hand. If he will need to jump, so move with phone… Character will walking, don´t use transport (car, bus, aeroplan…)
- For children and people in every socio-cultural, because i tis game about learning. But main for children, who going to school or prepare to going. Not only developing countries, suitable for children who can´t going to school and wants to learn about world.
- Player can decide evrything. In which country he wants to begin, for answer, he see if it is good or bad answer, watching history situations, can see and decide what was good or bad. When use help or spend equipments. Learn to be independent in decisions. ASPECTOS TÉCNICOS QUE FACILITAN EL APRENDIZAJE
- Point : It is easier for children to remember what they see then what they hear. In this case what they experience. It is very practice and effective. Game have simple rules and easy to play, so player is not disturbing by usseles things. He can only focus on answers and story of game. The game is over if he die 5x in one level, or 5x in all game. So he start from beginning.
- The game is very easy to install. In fact it is just downloading, and when you wants to end so you delete it from your smartphone. Its easy and fast.
- By touchscreen, so is suitable for all kids and adults, very easy to play. You don´t need any specials tools. Good for kids from backward countries, because game is like small encyclopedia, but more clear and funny.
How to play : interface – touchscreen (walking, answer on questions and choos to decisions)
-to gain as much experiences (points) as possible to become adult
-recognize countries according to their typical buildings and get know important people characteristic for particular countries
-explore the whole world (explored lands will be visible on a map)
-some questions will be time measured and If he does not answer within particular time, he will lose experience and weaken (shrink, darken)
Formas de conseguir resultados:
-gain 100 experiences, explore all continents and fill the whole map of the world
Main character :
Children can choose from 4 characters. Hero is alone, without assistant. Heroes are : Rasta man, Old lady, Nerd and Punk girl. Each have their own characteristics.
Style of graphic design :
The game graphic is painted, high colours, but when he loose points, is in gloomy atmosphere, inspired by PC game Machinarium or fairy tale Coraline…Mix real photos and pictures of landscapes with illustrations and sketches in photoshop and illustrator.
Concept / Line of scenario :
At the beginning of each level, player can choose a character. Than map of world will be shown to the player. (mainly for children between 10-16 years, can of course be older). The map will be black and white without names of countries and continents. The player can choose which continent he wants and subsequently he will reveal all parts of a continent, from the most known parts to most unknown ones. He will start by recognizing typical buildings/sites as Eifel tower and If he guesses right,Francewill be filled by color on a map. Then, a question concerning a period occurs, etc. Auguste Rodin will ask him a question about his typical piece of work- four pieces will be displayed on a screen and the player will have to pick the right one. According to his selection, a right and wrong answer will color differently-right one greenish and wrong one reddish. He will always have 4 options. Etc If the player choosesItaly, he will appear in Antique where he will have to recognize Colosseum, century and Caesar will give him questions about himself. This repeats in other countries and a goal is to spiritually and physically grow up, which means to gain 100 experiences, and also to colorfully fill the whole map of the world. That way he will meet a wide range of people from history but also from present (politicians, artists, presidents, writers..) He will be a witness to important events-he will meet Hitler, Gandhi, Alexander the Great…Player can easily remember history, geography and who was responsible for what and when, who was good or bad and where events happened. The game is also suitable for older children to refresh their knowledge.